As a member of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association, you have access to excellent quality, value and service in the complex world of health care and disability coverage through our providers Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi and Unum.
Looking for a Voluntary Disability Plan?
Look no further than your MMA Group Insurance Trust plan. We offer benefits through a partnership with Unum, a leading provider of employee benefits, including disability, long-term care, life and voluntary insurance.
Here’s what you can expect from the Unum plan:
Group Benefits Offer
• MMA member employers with 100 lives or less (10 lives minimum) are eligible.
• Products included in this offering are long-term disability, short-term disability and life insurance.
• Unum will offer a 5% discount off in-force rates with a two-year rate guarantee matching current plan design.
• If a voluntary worksite benefit is sold in conjunction with a group benefit (and at the same time), Unum will discount the in-force group rates by 10%.
• MMA members with two to nine lives or over 100 lives will be underwritten on a case-by-case basis.
• Each employer will be issued their own policy and contract.
• Discounts do not apply to in-force Unum products.
Voluntary Worksite Benefits Offer
• Qualifying voluntary worksite benefits are: critical illness with cancer, individual short-term disability, accident, and interest-sensitive whole life insurance.
• Standard participation requirements apply for voluntary coverages.
• Enrollment Services.
Look at these Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi advantages:
The longest history of helping.
A group of Mississippi leaders created Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi in 1947 to serve the needs of the people in our state.
The largest health care networks in the state.
Get more choices. Select your doctor or other health professional from the largest networks available in the state.
Health benefits in every state and around the world.
The BlueCard program helps you get access to health care in more places, from more doctors and hospitals, than any other.
Choose Common Sense
Wellness benefits, because staying healthy makes sense.
See a doctor every year for a checkup. A checkup helps catch things early, keeping you healthier for longer.
The Mississippi Manufacturers Association was created in Mississippi and as been serving Mississippians since 1951. Mississippi is a great place, and we’re constantly trying to make it better with statewide community activities and support designed to encourage healthy lifestyles.
Choose these Comprehensive Blue Features
For MMA Members:
$2 million lifetime maximum
Office copay for primary care physicians and specialists
Nurse Practitioner benefits
Contact Kathi Brooks at 601.292.1123 for more info.